Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Christmas Story

      I am a Eucharistic Minister for my church, which is a fancy way of saying I bring Communion to home-bound people who can't get to church. Once a week I bring Communion to a group of residents in a local nursing home. This week I got my first Christmas present. It was from one of the residents, a retired Catholic nun with nothing to her name except for the few dollars she gets from making and selling woven hot pads. Her gifts to me were a candy bar, a small bag of chips and a card with her love and kisses signature. I want to tell you, her present means more to me than I can say.  She gives what she has and shares everything with others, no matter how big or how small.  She is the true spirit of Christmas.  Thank you, God, for sharing her with us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment