Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Welcome to My Blog

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a practicing Catholic, and have been so for all of my life.  I believe in the sanctity of life, from conception to its natural end. I am  a proud American who believes in the Free-Market system, the Constitution, One Nation Under God, and Personal Responsibility.

I am  a second-generation Irish-American, and am proud of my Irish heritage. I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, aunt, and friend. I'm a retired math teacher who still substitutes in the school district from which I retired. I  am a retired professional musician who still plays in a community band, and I also sing in an Irish folk group. I love photography, computers, books, and being a news junkie (I listen to or watch news off and on all day long, read the local newspapers,  several news magazines and a couple of national newspapers, especially the financial ones, which are far less biased than the non-financial ones).

I started this blog because every once in a while I like to vent.  I tried Twitter, but it's too limiting:  I can't fit my thoughts into only 140 characters, in part simply because I'm a stickler for the proper use of grammar and spelling, virtually impossible on Twitter.  I'm on Facebook, but feel uncomfortable about posting anything on a social site that is controversial, although sometimes I have been known to post a link to a contrarian article on the opposite side of Political Correctness. I don't know if anyone will ever feel like reading anything I post here but, curiously, I'm OK with that. On the other hand, it would be nice to know that someone else likes what I say, so if there is anyone out there who wants to follow me, that would be good, too. Welcome to my blog.
My Town, My Country

No comments:

Post a Comment